Wednesday 15 August 2012

Adding a new project in UDK

I got a new ipad but it can't work with the Feb-2012 vision. Therefor I downloaded the newest one which is July-2012 from the official web. It also means that I have to reset my project.

I have no problem setting my new project in VStudio. But kind forgot how to add my project as EditPackages.

I am going to write down just in case I might forget next time.
we could set up the project by two ways. I am not really sure what's the different but both are working.

In ...\UDK-2012-07\UDKGame\Config

Open either "DefaultEngine.ini" or "DefaultEngineUDK.ini"
find [UnrealEd.EditorEngine]

you will see something like [UnrealEd.EditorEngine] in "DefaultEngine.ini"
+EditPackages=UTGame
+EditPackages=UTGameContent

and [UnrealEd.EditorEngine] in "DefaultEngineUDK.ini"
EditPackagesOutPath=..\..\UDKGame\Script
FRScriptOutputPath=..\..\UDKGame\ScriptFinalRelease
+EditPackages=UDKBase
+EditPackages=UTEditor
;ModEditPackages=MyMod
AutoSaveDir=..\..\UDKGame\Autosaves
InEditorGameURLOptions=?quickstart=1?numplay=1

Adding your package under the [UnrealEd.EditorEngine] area as below:
+EditPackages=MyGame


From now UDK should identify your project.

No comments: